New Modules for the Malaysian Thoracic Society Education Website
The Malaysian Thoracic Society (MTS) is pleased to announce that new CPD online modules have been added on its Education website.
The three new modules are from video recording of lectures during a webinar on “Managing Airway Diseases: Guidance During a Pandemic” held on 9th May 2020.
The modules are on the following topics:
1. Managing Airway Diseases During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Due date: 20.5.21
2. Inhalational Therapy During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Due date: 20.5.21
3. The New-Normal in Respiratory Emergencies - Due date: 20.5.21
There are also 5 educational modules on asthma under the Primary Asthma Care Excellence (PACE) Programme which is designed to provide authoritative asthma education to primary care doctors. This is aimed to enhance asthma care knowledge in a primary care setting, improve diagnosis and overall asthma management, and finally to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction with asthma treatment in primary care.
The 5 modules are on the following topics:
1. Asthma Attack in the Clinic - Due date: 20.12.21
2. Differentiating Asthma from COPD - Due date: 20.12.21
3. Asthma in Primary Care - Due date: 7.1.2022
4. Asthma in Pregnancy – Due date: 7.1.2022
5. Asthma in Children - Due date: 6.2.2022
Registered Medical Practitioners who register on the website will be awarded 1 CPD point per module upon completion. The CPD points will be accredited directly into their Malaysian Medical Association CPD mobile application since the MTS Education website is linked to the MMA CPD Portal via API (Application Programming Interface). The MTS wishes to thank the Malaysian Medical Association for this collaborative effort to make online CPD more accessible to doctors.
In order to view the modules, doctors can register on the MTS Education website at: