Overview of the MTS Spirometry Education Programme
Lung Function Tests (LFT) are vital tests used by the Respiratory Speciality for diagnostic and monitoring purposes. They include Peak Expiratory Flowmetry, Spirometry, Plethysmography, Lung Diffusion capacity study, 6 minute walk test and Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Test.
Malaysian Thoracic Society (MTS) has taken the lead in providing a standard training programme for health care providers in Malaysia. The MTS Basic Lung Function Tests Certification programme aims is to provide formal and standardised training following international standards.
- Click here for full content.
Malaysian Thoracic Society Education website
This website was launched in January 2020. Registered Medical Practitioners who register on the website will be awarded 1 CPD point per module upon completion. The CPD points will be accredited directly into their Malaysian Medical Association CPD mobile application since the MTS Education website is linked to the MMA CPD Portal via API (Application Programming Interface).
In order to view the modules, doctors can register on the MTS Education website at:
The following modules are available on the website.
- ILD Module 1 - Overview of Interstitial Lung Disease - Due date: 30/09/2022
- ILD Module 2 - HRCT in Interstitial Lung Disease Diagnosis - Due date: 05/10/2022
- ILD Module 3 - Recent Updates on IPF - Due date: 01/10/2022
- ILD Module 4 - Overview of Connective Tissue Disease - ILD - Due date: 02/10/2022
- ILD Module 5 - Treatment Management for Interstitial Lung Disease - Due date: 01/10/2022
- 1st Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round - The Clue is In The Heart - Due date: 26/06/2022
- 2nd Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round - Double Trouble in a Consanguineous Marriage - Due date: 14/07/2022
- 3rd Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round - To Do, or Not To Do - Due date: 03/07/2022
- 4th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round - Charred, Not Scarred (Smoke Inhalation and CO Poisoning) - Due date: 24/08/2022
- 5th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round - When a Hole Recurs - Due date: 24/09/2022
- 6th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round - “Can I refer a baby with Bronchopulmonary dysplasia?” - Due date: 30/03/2023