Overview of the MTS Spirometry Education Programme
Lung Function Tests (LFT) are vital tests used by the Respiratory Speciality for diagnostic and monitoring purposes. They include Peak Expiratory Flowmetry, Spirometry, Plethysmography, Lung Diffusion capacity study, 6 minute walk test and Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Test.
Malaysian Thoracic Society (MTS) has taken the lead in providing a standard training programme for health care providers in Malaysia. The MTS Basic Lung Function Tests Certification programme aims is to provide formal and standardised training following international standards.
- Click here for full content.
Malaysian Thoracic Society Education website
This website was launched in January 2020. Registered Medical Practitioners who register on the website will be awarded 1 CPD point per module upon completion. The CPD points will be accredited directly into their Malaysian Medical Association CPD mobile application since the MTS Education website is linked to the MMA CPD Portal via API (Application Programming Interface).
In order to view the modules, doctors can register on the MTS Education website at:
The following modules are available on the website.
- 13th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round "Post Infectious Bronchiolitis Obliterans: Same Same but Different" - Due date: 27/02/2024
- 14th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round "The Curse of Ondine" - Due date: 15/01/2024
- 15th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round "Help Me Swallow and Help Me Breath" - Due date: 31/05/2024
- 16th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round "CMV Pneumonitis" - Due date 28/04/2024
- 18th Paediatric Respiratory Virtual Grand Ward Round "BO-SJS-TENS- A Case of Bronchiolitis Obliterans Secondary to Steven-Johnson Syndrome/Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis" - Due date: 31/05/2024